Assessor's Important Dates
DATES TO REMEMBER
- January 1 - Effective date of current assessment.
- April 1 through April 30 inclusive - Dates for filing a petition/protest with the local Board of Review.
- May 1 through adjournment - Board of Review meets each year.
- October 16 through October 25 inclusive - Period for filing a petition/protest with Board of Review on properties having changes in value as a result of Equalization Orders issued by the Director of Revenue & Finance (odd numbered years).
- January 1 through December 31 - Applications accepted for Homestead Credit and Military Exemption. Applications must be received by July 1st to be applied to the current assessment year.
One time filing is provided, by statute, unless the property owner is (1) filing for a Military or Homestead Credit the first time; (2) has purchased a different home and is occupying the property as a homestead as of July 1st: or (3) owner is using as a homestead but has not previously filed.
If the home qualifies and the property owner files on or before July 1, the exemption will go into effect for the current assessment year. If the property owner files after July 1, the exemption will go into effect the year following the sign up.