Military discharge papers (DD 214’s) may be filed in the Mills County Recorder’s office. An original or certified copy is needed for filing purposes.

If you wish to request a certified copy of a military discharge, please complete and return the application. This may be done in person or through the mail. Please send a photo copy of your driver’s license if mailing. Entitlement has to be proven before a certified copy can be issued. There is no charge to record or obtain a certified copy of a military record.

Additional resources:

  • Veterans Affairs
  • 602 S Locust
  • Glenwood, IA 51534
  • Phone: (712) 527-5621

If enlisted from the state of Iowa:

  • Iowa Commission of Veterans Affairs
  • 7700 Northwest Beaver Dr., Building A6A
  • Camp Dodge
  • Johnston, IA 50131-1902
  • Phone: (515) 242-5331


Application for Certified Copy of Military Records