Throughout your pregnancy, our Maternal-Child Health nurse offers support and education to help you bring a healthy baby into the world. The nurse will visit with you each trimester to talk with you about your pregnancy and teach you about keeping yourself and your baby healthy and safe. As your due date approaches, the nurse will teach you about labor and delivery, and what to expect after you baby is born. She will also teach you about breastfeeding and about caring for your newborn.
Maternal Health Services include:
- Pregnancy education and support throughout your pregnancy
- Assistance with obtaining Medicaid if you qualify
- Referral to community resources
- Help finding a doctor and dentist
- Birth and Beyond Program
- Breastfeeding support and education
Following birth, the Maternal-Child nurse will do a follow up visit with you and your newborn. Please check out the Birth and Beyond program for more details.
For more information call (712) 527-9699 and ask for Lorri Greiner, RN, Maternal-Child Health Nurse; Certified Lactation Counselor